Well hello everyone and happy Saturday!
I’ve realized that I have gotten a lot of new followers recently and I feel like I should reintroduce myself to all you new folks! Also just wanted to sneak this in here and say thank you so much to all of you who have decided to follow my blog. I started this blog in 2015 after I graduated from high school and finally started putting a real effort into it earlier this year and it’s really been a phenomenal addition to my life. Granted, I still feel like I’m talking to myself but every time I get a comment or a like it absolutely makes my day.
I go by Amelia on here because, if I’m being completely honest here, I was at one point so obsessed with Amelia Pond from Doctor Who that I needed to name something after her. And I’m not going to have children so my pen name was thus formed. In case you’re wondering what I look like, well here’s one of the decent selfies I’ve taken recently.
And, well, to keep it real… Here’s what I look like 75% of the time:
This blog mainly focuses on books but I’m not one that can really follow a niche and I don’t feel like maintaining multiple blogs so you just kind of get whatever I feel like posting each day. I don’t really have a favorite genre, if a book sounds interesting to me I’ll give it a try. In real life I don’t really have a ton of people to talk to so blogging gives me a way to share something with the world and it’s just been a really nice way to feel productive.
Now I’ll share some fun facts with you:
- My favorite color is yellow, but I wear almost exclusively black and other dark colors which basically just means I’m covered in pet hair 100% of the time no matter how many times I lint roll my clothing.
- My favorite movies are Jurassic Park and The Princess Bride. I even have a Jurassic Park tattoo! I will probably also get a Princess Bride tattoo at some point, I want all the tattoos.
- I have dyed my hair far too many times. Over the years I’ve had ever natural hair color a person could have and it’s been every “crazy” color except orange and yellow. But I did want to try those. Right now, though I’m trying to just grow my hair out and heal it from all the bleach it’s dealt with in the past two years.
- In sixth grade I got extra credit for being able to spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in my band class. Truly a crowning achievement.
- As a freshman in college I took an entire class based around Star Wars and to this day I still haven’t watched an entire Star Wars movie from beginning to end. I will say, though, that one of the best research papers I’ve ever done was an argumentative essay in which I was trying to convince my readers that Ewoks are, in fact, evil.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday and fall is my favorite season. Give me all the spooks and coziness and I’m one happy camper.
- I don’t really have an official bucket list but if I did, the top five things on that list would be: hike the Appalachian Trail, see Machine Gun Kelly in concert, see Dear Evan Hansen, see the Northern Lights, and own a pair of Louboutins (which is just really extravagant but dang I want to rock a red bottom… lol I’m really not even that into fashion most days).
- I’m as obsessed with makeup as I am with books. My former therapist used to tell me all the time that I should try going to cosmetology school… That is still up in the air at this point but I’ve seriously considered it. I do really love playing with makeup. Red lipstick makes me feel like such a bad ass. Makeup is one of my biggest forms of self care!
- My favorite animals are cats and red pandas (I have four real cats and four stuffed red pandas… Truly living the dream).
- My dream is to live someplace with such good public transportation that I don’t have to drive. (AKA I want to live in London)
- I was a dancer for 12 years and now can barely do any physical activity thanks to chronic pain and exercise induced asthma 🙂
- My favorite number is 13, which is why I’m going to end this with 13 little tidbits
- These are my two favorite Youtube videos, I watch them every single time I feel sad. The Mitchell Robbins series by Gus Johnson makes me laugh until I cry every single time I watch it:
So there we have it. Just a fun little bit of info about me. Thank you all again for following and I hope you have a wonderful day!