2018 was possibly the worst year of my life for loads of reasons. Yes, I had a ton of good experiences overall but in the end, things just turned to shit!! So here are the 18 things I wish I would have known right off the bat at the beginning of the year.
- If someone doesn’t like you, don’t waste your energy trying to make them like you.
- Money is the root of all evil… SAVE SAVE SAVE!
- Sometimes the people who say they will never leave you, will leave you, and you have to learn to accept it even if it is really hard.
- Moving home isn’t a bad thing
- School can wait, your mental and physical well-being can’t
- Food is not the enemy, sometimes other things can make you gain weight too
- You don’t have to have found “the one” by 22
- Birthdays aren’t special, don’t stress
- Your best friend should always be there for you and if they give up on you, they weren’t your best friend after all.
- Do NOT change yourself for anyone but yourself
- Sometimes your coworkers will hate you and they will lie about you and hurt you. Always be the bigger person.
- Memories can hurt, but don’t get caught up in wishing the past was the present. You can’t change where you are.
- Not everyone is out to get you, but at the same time sometimes the people who say they’ll help you turn out to be the worst people in the end.
- Pets don’t live forever and sometimes you lose them way sooner than they were supposed to go. Cherish the time you have with your furry babies.
- People will be successful, you might not be. Don’t compare your life to others just because you’re on a different path and in a different season of life.
- The people who you think should be hurt by karma won’t be, they might never be. Realize that and move on. You can’t ruminate on how many different ways you could ruin their lives if you were karma. It’s a waste of your time.
- Sea glass hunting and milkshakes and a trip to Gooseberry Falls will always be worth your time.
- Don’t let your fear of the future let you make drastic decisions.
I hope even one of these points can hit home with one of you reading. I have a lot ahead of me this year and even though I’m really scared of everything, I’m also really excited about life again. I can’t wait to share more with you.
P.S. I definitely purposefully scheduled this post to go up on the 18th. Look at all those 18’s haha!