As much as I love staying up at night, I think I’ve finally come to realize that I am in fact, a morning person. There’s just something about being up with the sun, watching it rise, it’s absolutely gorgeous. When I’m awake before everyone else and able to take my time to get ready and do my own thing I feel like I start my day off right.
I usually make a cup of coffee first thing when I get up and then I get ready. A lot of times I will try to tell myself that I’ll do homework in the morning (on weekdays) but I usually end up reading a “fun” book instead. Right now I’m reading This Star Won’t Go Out by Esther Earl.
There are a lot of reasons why I love mornings but here are my top ten:
1. Watching the sun rise
2. Fresh coffee
3. Reading a fun book with aforementioned coffee
4. Breakfast food
5. Reading TheSkimm, I’m not a big fan of watching the news, or reading regular news, but this weekday email news update is really helpful on keeping me up on current events. They explain everything in terms that make sense to me and I love it! Sign up here (http://www.theskimm.com/?r=825f00bb) if you want to check it out!
6. Fresh air, anyone else agree that the air just seems cleaner in the morning? Totally not true, but I guess because it’s cooler I let myself believe it?
8. When your bed is the perfect temperature to snuggle down in
9. That wonderful feeling of productivity you get when you look at the clock at see that it’s 9 AM and you’ve already accomplished half your to-do list
10. I’m putting sunrises again just so I can put another picture of a sunrise in here!
So what about you guys? Are you morning people? Or night owls? I still feel like I’m kind of in between but I really do appreciate my mornings.
Have a great day everyone!